I have been working on a WIP but it is not something I can stitch on in the evening when I watch tv. So I was looking for something to do in the evening that didn’t take as much concentration. I found an overdye from Artfabrik that I can not imagine ever using and used that as my base. From there I found several bright perle 5 threads to use with the overdye.
I decided to make a smaller heart and took the Valentine candy box I purchased in February just for its heart shape and used that for my guide to trace.
I was going to do a Bargello using the pattern in an earlier NeedlePointers, but, obviously got too involved in the show and forgot all about skipping a thread between stitches! That meant a much compressed wave of Bargello. I loved it! The only problem was that I was stitching on this during the day as well. I have barely moved forward on the WIP!
I think I need to set up another heart to keep my evenings full.
I’m still watching operas every day…plenty of stitching time! I’ve started something new. The pillow on my regular stitching chair is literally falling apart, so I’m doing a wool basketweave lumbar pillow… It’s easy stitching while I’m trying to read the subtitles on my laptop…this past week was Wagner week, and my German is just barely above non-existant. Now in addition to knowing how to say, “What is your name?” and “I don’t speak German,” I know how to say “toad.” Should come in really handy.
I finished knitting this pair of socks last night…I call them my “watermelon socks.” Not needlepoint, but still…
Several more operas down, and my zebra is finished!
Hi Everyone —
I’ve decided to post new pictures at the end of each day instead of as they come in.
So, I have this wonderful little piece from Tina F to share tonight.
This is a Laura Perin Design from Needlepointers magazine, March 2009. I am suppose to teach this at my Wisconsin Guild. But with Covid-19, I am not sure that will happen. But I am ready to go, if the meeting isn’t cancelled. It was a quick stitch as there is a minimal laying of threads.
I also realized that I had three pictures of finished pieces from Janice M. I took these when we were stitching at the Edwardian Needle (an era ago) and I had planned to put them into the March meeting summary. But, I figure there’s no time like the present!
This is an ANG Correspondence Course called “Not a Creature Was Stirring” by Joni Stevenson. Janice had it finished as a stand-up. It looks wonderful!
Janice found someone on ETSY (in Germany, I think) who charted the names and dates and everything! Janice finished it as a pillow for the new couple’s home!
Last, but not least, is Joni Stevenson’s “The Wave” which was done as a regional workshop with Metropolitan Region EGA. This one was also finished as a stand-up!
Kudos to both Tina and Janice! Who’s next???
It has been a difficult few weeks and I have not been stitching much. I did take time today to complete the March SOTM. I am enjoying this project very much.
A few days before shops started closing I was able to pick up the two David McCaskill topiaries from The Edwardian Needle. I did not use the flag on the Patriotic Topiary; with the green trim I can use it all summer.
The Halloween Topiary will be a great addition to that holiday’s decorations.
I’m pulling out some long-neglected projects to work on in the coming days.
Hi Everyone —
Happy First Day of Spring! Cathryn sent along this spring finish in honor of the occasion.
The design is by Kathy Rees and was framed by Rob at the Framed Image!
It just makes me smile! 🙂