Hi Everyone —
Here’s my progress at the end of class. As Jill wrote in her earlier blog, we used a lot of new and interesting threads for this project. This afternoon we did a stitch called the Cretan stitch with a random pattern. You can see it on top of the blue area on my canvas. I can’t wait to add the Tagua Nut slices that form bird’s nests overtop!
I think it can also be said that I am unable to summon the patience to color inside the lines — so you will see all of the bits of color on my trees in the tree panel. In fact, I obliterated the branches and have to stitch some before I can add the rest of my leaves. Also the green stems on the leaves were not supposed to be painted — but I lost it with the stencil and the paint dabber!
I signed up for this piece because it was so interesting. I wasn’t disappointed!
Opening Banquet tonight!