I finally finished the Christmas stocking for my daughter-in-law. Since I couldn’t be at tonight’s meeting and I hope to finish it and give it to her before the December meeting, I figured I’d post a picture.
Overall it came out with the effect I was looking for. I’m not in love with the sky although it was the exact effect I was looking for! Sue C came up with a few suggestions (what would we do without our friends who share their thoughts and opinions?!!). The one suggestion I loved was to attach snowflake buttons, especially where the color changes to take away from the linear effect I don’t like. I bought some cute snowflake buttons that are perfect and will put them on once it is blocked. This was definitely a fun piece to do but now I need one like Frankie where I don’t have to decide on fibers or stitches!
As you can see, it’s now on the blocking board (yes, I block right-side down!). I’ve had to block it twice so far and it looks like it will need at least a 3rd round. I don’t know if it’s because of the size or the canvas – it’s interwoven, not mono. I’m hoping this next round will finish it. I haven’t blocked in a number of years so there’s also that!
Finishing will be next. I have white with gold flecks for the lining. For the backing I’m debating between dark green, white, and a blue to match the sky. I’ll probably have to play with it a bit to make the final decision once it’s blocked and off the board.
I will take pictures of the finished product to show. I’m really hoping she likes it.